What is the Most Effective Way to Put the Country on the Correct Path?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SJS

Mar 25, 2018
I've been thinking (scary, I know) and wondering if fixing the country should start in Washington and work it's way back to the local level or should it start in the home/local level and work its way back to Washington?

I'm going to attempt to create a diagram to look at this in a visual way. I'm picturing something like a tier diagram with larger pieces as the base and smaller pieces the sit on top of the base pieces. Kind of like a cake in a way (I'm not hungry right now...).

Anyway, if you're interested in adding your input, I'd appreciate it.

avgjo

Mar 26, 2018
Hey, SJS, kudos for keeping up the discussion.

I used to like Glenn Beck, although after he went full Teddy-bears-for-illegals and NeverTrump I dropped him like a bad habit. When he isn't acting like that, he's pretty smart. One thing I remember he said about the left relates to your question. He described their efforts as 'top-down, bottom-up, inside-out'. But that was accurate during Obama...they had been working for over 50 years at that point. They started at the local level, which for people that don't have large resources, is probably the easiest.

Chocolate and Cheese apparently saw firsthand the same things I did with the Tea Party: corruption, exaggerated self-interest and money uber alles really destroyed a lot of organizations with potential. Maybe a TP type organization, but where a group of people who know each other well go out and mentor future leaders to start local chapters elsewhere? An accountability system and some centralization might minimize the problems that destroyed independent TP organizations.

I had some Mormon friends, and one summer I spent a lot of time with them at their house, because i was tutoring one of them in math. One thing they told me that really impressed me was that their organization encouraged people to be active, and they did so by getting to know that person, learning their talents (everyone has one) and putting that person in a place of responsibility and trust where they could put those talents to good use. Saul Alinsky said in Rules for Radicals that activism should not feel so much like work, but should be fun - the Mormon way I described does that, because people are usually talented in things they enjoy. If I were going to have an organization like that described above, I'd probably make this an operating principle.

I dunno, just some random stuff...

Feb 14, 2018
Re-elect Trump 2020 vision for the future. UNITE THE RIGHT. Disestablish the establishment. Make America Great Again.

And I get to vote for Deplorable Paul Nehlen!